Wednesday 13 April 2011

Knowledge

Wow, this A-Z challenge is harder than I thought it would be. Maybe it's because I'm feeling drained this week. To anyone waiting for a response to a previous post, I will do them, I'm just shattered today and will hopefully sort myself out tomorrow.

Today's K post is more of a question to all bloggers. It's not restricted to writers and their blogs, but anyone who blogs about a subject.

My question is around knowledge.

At what point do you feel you hold enough knowledge on your chosen topic to give your point of view and opinion on it? I find this a particularly difficult area as an aspiring novelist, as I'm on a steep learning path. I'm not sure I have any knowledge to impart and if I don't then I'm soon going to run out of blog posts to write!

How do you get to a point where you feel comfortable with your knowledge?

5 comments:

  1. Being/growing older helps, still that doesn't mean I know a whole lot. I know better what works for me now than I did when I was a teen or in my 20s and I can offer it up as one possible suggestion, but that's about it.

    We should never stop learning, gaining knowledge. Personally the day I stop learning is the day I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everything (ha haha haa).
    Ahem.
    If you are blogging about your experiences, that's what you know. I think most blogs are about what we know. I learn new stuff every day =)
    Happy K Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah.
    How do you kNow what you KnOW?!
    I guess one can start with
    I know nothing.
    But that isn't a very good beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bish - I absolutely agree with you. I'm more comfortable with what I do and don't know, now that I am older and I love learning!

    Tara - I think that's all we can put in our blogs isn't it, the stuff we know. It's when think about that though, that I wonder if I have enough to blog about!

    50 - I suppose blogging is a point where we figure out what we know and don't know. When we actually come round to putting it into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you can ever know enough about any subject. You learn by writing and experiencing and sharing. When I write I only know two things for certain, I know enough yet I'm not a 100% percent expert.

    ReplyDelete