Tuesday 5 April 2011

Dreams

Dreams and aspirations

I work hard at my day job. I really enjoy what I do but I have dreams of other things. 

I'm currently working on my first crime novel and this first one is, I hope, the first of many. It's to be a series. My protagonist is a female detective. A dedicated determined woman, but a woman with flaws and one who will go on to live with the repercussions of what she will live through in this first novel. 

I've written pages of information on her and the other characters. I know them. I know the characters are strong enough to go forward into other novels. 

The first draft is hard work and its not a quick process. I have to find the time between working and family, to write. I'm not in a race, I have no deadlines given to me other than my own personal goals but my dream is to complete this first novel, have an agent and publisher like it enough to publish it and to write more. Let the characters grow and evolve and have readers who love them, faults and all. 

This is my dream. What do you dream of?

7 comments:

  1. I could write on this subject for hours! I have so many dreams - to be a mother, to live a happy life. I would love to write a novel or series of novels and I know I have the story in me somewhere, but my problem is accessing it. I seem to have a block between the information in my brain and the page on my notebook or computer screen. One day I know it will come though!

    Good luck on your novels! Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dreams a pretty simple. To be content, to be thankful for what I have, to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great dream!
    Writing-wise my dream is the same as yours to get some books published. Non-writing, to be successful with my handmade jewelry.... and pay off some bills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it isn't shocking. But my dream sounds a whole lot like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so important to have concrete dreams so you know what you're focusing on. So yay for you! I'm SURE you'll reach your goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your take on D.

    we can never stop or give up dreaming.
    bless you.
    sweet dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same thing! Seeing my book on shelves one day! I also have a lot of dreams for my daughters, but that could fill it's own book :)

    ReplyDelete