Wednesday 20 July 2011

Crime Writing Festival





Tomorrow I am heading to Harrogate for the Theakstons Crime Writing Festival. I booked it about two months in advance and at the time it seemed an age to wait, and now it's here and I go tomorrow.

It's four days spent thinking about nothing but crime writing, ok, there may be a bit of alcohol thrown in, but I'm sure I will still be thinking crime at the time. There will be some big names of the crime writing world there, including, Tess Gerritson, David Baldacci and Val McDermid to name only a few of the many.

This is the complete line up. I can't wait!

What do I hope to achieve by attending?

I hope to pick up some great tips from the professionals about the craft and I hope to meet people involved in the writing and publishing world and gain an invaluable insight from this. I know I will also come away from the event with some great friendships started.

I hope to be able to post some photographs on the blog while I am still there. The event is Thursday evening until Sunday lunchtime. I have a blogging app on my phone, so I should be able to share some of the weekend with you, while I am there.

At some point upon my return, I will post my thoughts on the event and what I have come away from it with.

If you are interested then follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook where I will no doubt be posting regular updates live from the event. You can follow these by clicking on the relevant links on the right.

I'm so excited!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous and I don't even write crime :)

    Harrogate is beautiful, although I suppose you'll be too busy to enjoy it. I hope you have a great time, and come back with your head stuffed full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go to the Crime writing festival. But this year I haven't enough money. And I'm supposed to be saving up to go to Rome.
    But maybe I could go to Harrogate next year. I'm not going to be flying anywhere when the Olympics are on - it would cost a fortune just to get to London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Harrogate, but my husband has and had good things to say about it. The conference sounds exciting! I don't write crime, but I read it, and it is incredible that you'll get to meet those authors! Have fun, and I hope you come away with some great information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - I'm taking a notebook in an attempt to keep hold of the idea's I get while I'm there. My head will never be able to hold them all!

    Chippy - It's my first time and yes it is an expensive treat. I'm going to make the most of it and if I really enjoy it, I may see you there next year!

    Shannon - The line up of crime writing authors is amazing. I will hopefully have some photographs to post from the events when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a fabulous time. I love going to writing festivals. They really inspire me to write and although I know you'll be very busy with all the talks etc you've GOT TO go to Betty's for tea. You can't go to Harrogate and not go to Betty's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky, lucky you! I can't wait to read all about it.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you, and jealous! I'm loving your updates so far on Twitter, and can't wait to read all about your experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosalind - I made it to Bettys on the the first afternoon. If I hadn't, I'm not sure I would have had time. It was of course, gorgeous!

    Rach -Thank you. I had an amazing time, though I am paying for it quite hard this week.

    Ellie - It was a great experience!

    Julie - It was an amazing experience. I'm desperate to go next year now!

    ReplyDelete