I've completed and passed a couple of difficult courses with the Open University, gaining myself 70 credits towards a degree. I have also started writing. This being a very recent activity. Writing is something that I have always wanted to do, but never really did anything about it and 2010 proved to be the year I would act on this and take it seriously. My novel stands at a little over 21,000 words. It was started in October. It's been a little slow, but I have set myself 11 targets for 2011 and one of those is to complete the manuscript.
Instead of making myself a News Years resolution, I have set myself 11 goals. The majority of them are writing related because I really want to work on this in the coming year, but there are some personal ones in there.
1. Read 40 books ( Inspired by juppppy)
2. Complete first draft of novel and subsequent edited drafts
3. Query agent with completed novel
4. See a musical
5. Lose 1.5 stone
6. Start yoga
7. Submit 12 pieces of writing to competitions
8. Write at least 6 blog posts a month.
9. Be more organised. Set goals. Write things down.
10. Raise the profile of the blog and have an extra 12 followers by the end of 2011 (one a month. Today it stands at 15)
11. Push Doctors until a final diagnosis is agreed for son and I.
What do you have planned for the coming year?