Okay, it may actually, officially, be summer now, I'm not sure to be honest, but I'm feeling the spring clean love. Love in the way of my writing career that is, lets not be too hasty and start putting mops, buckets and hoovers in my hands please.
Anyway, after a bit of a lull and an energy sapped couple of months, I'm feeling the need to re-invest in everything that is to do with my aim for a writing career. So with that in mind, I came up with a list of things I needed to address. These are a few of them;
- I need a new, more professional looking profile picture.
- I need a domain name.
- I need some business cards for when I attend Harrogate Crime Writing Festival in July.
- I need a new laptop - Yes I do! It will actually help me become more productive. I promise.
- I want an online space that looks professional and represents who I am and what I write.
- I would like to blog on a regular basis, be that even once a week, just regularly, so people can find me.
- Oh, yes, I need to make sure I find time to write more.
This morning I made a start on the list.
I have bought my own domain name. It doesn't currently point anywhere and as rebeccabradleydotcom is taken, I have bought rebeccabradleycrime.com
I have ordered myself that new laptop. I am serious about it helping me become more productive. My old laptop is about 7 years old and feels like it takes an hour to wind up so I am loath to turn it on. My desktop in the living room has the most hard uncomfortable seat in front of it, so at the end of the working day, I tend not to spend any time on it. With a new laptop, I can work in comfort where ever I park myself and can maybe put up a blog post or turn out 500 words on my current work in progress.
The third decision taken this morning was that, I am going to change my blog. I think it needs freshening up and tidying up, so I have registered with Wordpress and will attempt to get something up on there. This may or may not work out, but it's something I need to look at so I'm in a position to make a decision.
So, I have made a start and you should hopefully see gradual changes over the coming weeks, especially when that new laptop arrives!